Monday 18 May 2009

Long time....


I feel like I've been spending a lot of time indoors lately. Edinburgh weather has not been at it's grandest this spring and I am hoping it returns to form soon. There has been quite a lot of rain this weekend. We have some kind of holiday today and tomorrow, so I have had extra time. Always a treat.
Lately, I've had my hands full of the unexpected and haven't had the right mind to draw much but broke that pattern this weekend with some hours with the pen in hand. I had been wanting to do some fairly ambiguous work which I guess you could call "broken stories." They are just drawings with bits of narrative, which in the end, could maybe be strung together to form a story. But as there is only one right now, I like the idea of having just the bit of text and you can connect it to something if you like. I suppose it's as if you find just one torn out page from an old illustrated book. Even the tiniest things have stories attached. I guess nothing stands alone.
I have been spending my time doing research of this sort and that and am feeling almost crammed with ever-shifting ideas and images... almost to the point where nothing will come out. Like a too full drawer, jammed shut. Hopefully I'll get in the better habit of shaking them out and making this site as regular as I'd like it to be.
Normally I just use my pen-tablet for touch-ups, lettering and simple colouring but here is something a wee bit different. It's really just a test but was neat to do and I am set to try some more.
Promise x


1 comment:

red-handed said...

I love her awkward posture.