Friday 7 May 2010

Sinking into Summer (almost)

This past week has been a funny mixture of food poisoning, computer mishaps/disasters, and the contentment that comes with a slowly brightening season. While the wind still blows cool, I now officially can feel the beckoning of summer and it makes this place grow greener, lazier and better.
There is something about the shift of the season now that makes me want nothing more than to sit, like a little granny, in De Wynn's and eat Bread Pudding and watch the boats
s l o w l y f l o a t a l o n g . . .
In between a shift at work and going to college, I made it down the road to the beach and lay there and read for a couple hours. While I often walk or run along the coast, I haven't been to sprawl out on the sand for months and I was happy to find it felt again foreign and luxurious.

Lately I find that all of my usual attentiveness to making plans, goals, and happily checking things off on my to-do-lists goes out that wide-open window and I feel more and more like just lying around.Odd, because I would guess that is a more common symptom of winter.

With this said, I do keep calm and carry on and have made a couple illustrations to send off to a tshirt competition.

1 comment:

Miss Talseth said...

Hi Liz!

Here's a late reply to your last post- I liked what you said about the ocean- and find myself in a similar position as I too have moved closer to the beach and the sea. I know Edinburgh has this too, but it didn't really feel the same... Liked your volcanic ash drawing too! Hope studying and life is well, and look out for a message in a bottle... ;)